Monday, October 10, 2011

Harry Skywalker

This is another previous work that was published briefly, but I like it so much that I just had to share it.  If you know your geek trivia, you will realize that the following is true.

 
For some time now the world has been enthralled with the delightful tales of J.K. Rowling and her adventures of Harry Potter.  And to be forthright, I have found myself wrapped up in their ingenuity, until I began thinking about it in the shower (where all good ideas come from), and suddenly realized that I’ve heard this story before…in a time long ago in a galaxy far, far away.  What follows is a comparison of Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter:


Harry Potter
Luke Skywalker
Syllables in name = 4
Syllables in name = 4
Name ends in “er”
Name ends in “er”
Hidden for safety with extended family
Hidden for safety with extended family
Extended family doesn’t want him to discover hidden powers.
Extended family doesn’t want him to discover hidden powers
Evil nemesis kills family.
Evil nemesis kills family (in one version of the story)
Mother gives life for child
Mother gives life for child (well, children)
Evil nemesis is once left near death.
Evil nemesis is once left near death.
Evil nemesis name begins with V = Voldemort (can I say that?)
Evil nemesis begins with V = Vader
Evil nemesis changed name
Evil nemesis changed name
Evil nemesis is master of “Dark Arts”
Evil nemesis is master of “Dark Side”
Fights with special implement that has connection to evil nemesis. (wand)
Fights with special implement that has connection to evil nemesis. (lightsaber)
Seeks training from old master (Dumbledore)
Seeks training from old master (Yoda)
Best friend = Ron
Best friend = Han
Is a flying ace with a broom.
Is a flying ace with an X-wing.
Is the subject of a prophecy.
Is the subject of a prophecy.

I’m sure I could go on, but do you really need more proof than this.  Lets face it…Harry Potter is Luke Skywalker.  "…and there is no new thing under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Had a shocking realization that left a scar on your forehead?  Or took your hand off?  Tell me about it in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Adam, I read blogs rarely, so when I read yours I am always left thinking and giggling at how big of a dork you are. I love you more for it! This post has made my night...bahahaha!

    ReplyDelete